NaBloPoMo (Day 9) Writing Prompt

Monday, November 9

What is the first thing you do every single day (I mean, after you hit the snooze button)? When did that step in your routine begin?

Honestly the first thing that I do after I wake up is to check the time at least twice in order to figure out how much time I am going to need to shower, to pick an outfit, to do my hair, to find my first cup of coffee of the day, and to check on any late messages I may have missed after I fell asleep.

I have a pretty chill morning all in all. I live with my lovely tyrannical cat and I am a very neat person. There is not much that I need to do in the mornings. I usually clean up as I go and do the big house cleanup every Saturday or Sunday depending.

Today was a little rough though because I had a huge reunion of friends I met overseas in D.C. yesterday. We had brunch at Old Ebbit's (a total tourist trap) and lucky for us we had reservations. None of us were feeling the fact they didn't have unlimited mimosas. I mean come on. That is where Sunday Funday came from, you need unlimited mimosas to make that happen.

Afterwards I went to a friend's home to help him and his wife clean and refinish their floors. To say thanks after we went and saw Spectre (not a fan, not as bad as Quantum of Solace, but the stunt doubles and obvious CGI took me out of every scene, let us not get started on the bad guy monologues) here's a review from my favorite site Pajiba, 'Spectre' Review: Movie. Bad Movie.

Afterwards we all went out to drink some hot cider (it's freezing in D.C. right now!) and talking about our plans for the week while talking about some of the upcoming movies we really want to see that are coming out soon. I for one cannot wait to see Spotlight and I do want to see Room though the book was really hard to read.

So when I woke up at 6 a.m. today, I looked at the clock twice, groaned, put a pillow over my head, had my cat tap dance across my face, groaned again, and finally struggled out of bed at 6:20. By then I was running to get showered and dressed, and to make sure that I had socks on today since it is supposed to be cold slash rainy all day. I packed up my work computer, reports, documents that I needed to have today and then ran back upstairs to actually do my hair. Then I tore back downstairs to check my cat's food and water and ran back upstairs to get coffee (this is where I mention I have a three level townhouse) and then threw myself in a chair to drink coffee and reply to messages and make plans for today and tomorrow.

NaBloPoMo November 2015 Writing Prompts